LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Monster Play Date

A couple of weekends ago, we had a family get together!  My sister’s kiddos and my kiddos are very close in age, so of course, I couldn’t resist the urge to come up with a fun play date full of treats & activities!  I found the cutest book, Tickle Monster by Josie Bissett that I centered my activities and treats around!

We started out our play date by reading this oh so cute book!  The kids LOVED it….especially all the tickling!!!

July 004

July 006

Watch out for the Tickle Monster…..

July 013

July 018

(I wore a glove on my tickling hand to make it seem more like the fuzzy monster from the book)

After we read the book, we headed to the kitchen table for some fun….

The Tickle Monster’s body in the book is rainbow colored, so I found the cutest printables here, Skittles Sorting Mats.  The kids had so much fun eating and sorting their skittles {{notice I said eating first}}  (:

July 025

July 027

July 028

July 030

All Done!

July 034

July 040

To get the wiggles out, we headed to the living room for some Rainbow Musical Dots.  They had so much fun running from dot to dot.  As soon as the music stopped, they each raced to stand on the closest dot.  Each time the music stopped, I took a dot away {{I started out with lots of dots…since our kiddos are little}}.  The winner was the kiddo who made it onto the last dot, first.  They had so much fun…although not being able to stand on the last dot is a hard concept for a 2 year old! (;

July 043

July 045

July 046

July 048

July 047

They could have played this game all day…but of course there was another craft project!

We gathered back around the kitchen table to make Fruit Loop necklaces!  The kids had so much fun stringing & eating their fruit loops.  I might have eaten a few as well! (;

July 052

For snack, we had Rainbow Graham Crackers!

July 054

They were so easy.  I spread vanilla frosting on graham crackers and then sprinkled sprinkles on the frosting to look like a rainbow.

It was so much fun to put together this play date for my kids & my sister’s kids!  We only wish we lived close enough that we could do this more often!

Alisa_Signature

7 SWEET COMMENTS::

Tracy said...

This book is a favorite in our house! I love all the projects you did! I'm going to have to print off some of the skittles sheets. Those are very cool! Thanks for sharing!

::little projects in style:: said...

Sounds like too much fun!!! ;)

Lolly Jane said...

Such a fun playdate! I haven't seen this book before but I love childrens books and will definitely add this to my little guy's collection. Thanks for sharing! Great post! xoxoxo

PS: Thanks for linkin up w/ us, too! Happy weekend! :)

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Love this idea!! Sounds and looks so fun!!! I know my girl and her cousins and friends will love this as well!

THANKS for sharing!

We host a linky party “Help a Momma Out” every Tuesday. This would be a perfect link up! Please feel free to add it :) We appreciate it!

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Sherri said...

Such ADORABLE ideas for a play date. Love it all. Stopping by from Sundae Scoop. Love your blog. Following you via FB now. :)

Katania said...

I absolutely love, LOVE, LOVE this idea! You are very creative and I can't wait to find this book and host a playdate just like yours! Thank you for the great idea!
Katania from ktdesigns-katania.blogspot.com

Julie said...

I'm on my way to download those Skittle Mats now.. thanks for sharing all of these great ideas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...