LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Minky Pillowcase {{Tutorial}}

Anyone who knows me, knows that I absolutely LOVE minky fabric!  If it wasn’t so expensive, I am pretty sure I would incorporate it into everything I make! (:  My mom made my kiddos pillowcases recently with some super cute fabrics!  I instantly knew that I wanted to make pillowcases for my kiddos as well…..but with minky fabric instead!  They turned out AMAZING!!! 

neweerrr 041

Supplies:

  • 5/8 Yard Minky Fabric
  • 1/4 Yard Minky Fabric For Cuff

Instructions:

  • Trim the 5/8 yard minky fabric to 21” x 54”
  • Fold the right sides of the fabric together and pin down both sides {{minky fabric is VERY slippery….pin generously}}.

newest 044

  • Sew down both sides of the fabric {{the fold is the end}}.

newest 047

  • Trim the cuff fabric to 9” x 40”.
  • Pin the short sides together to form a circle {{pin generously}} & sew together.
neweerrr 020

neweerrr 021

  • Fold the cuff fabric in half lengthwise with wrong sides together and pin to the top of the pillowcase so the seam is to the inside.  {{pin generously}}

neweerrr 030

  • Sew to the top of the pillowcase.

neweerrr 023

  • Fold the cuff up and top stitch around the cuff at the seam.

neweerrr 025

That’s it…..so simple, yet so adorable!!! I ended up making one for my daughter, one for my niece and one for my nephew!   Of course I feel the need to show them off! (;

neweerrr 027

neweerrr 046

neweerrr 043

To make them gift worthy, I tied them with matching ribbon!

neweerrr 051

Not sure you are ready to tackle the sewing on your own??? Check out the Minky Pillowcases for sale in our Etsy shop!!

**This pattern is for a standard pillowcase**

Alisa_Signature

9 SWEET COMMENTS::

Mindy said...

I love that fabric too! You just can't stop touching it! :o) When I was pregnant with The Kid, I made a crib quilt and the bumper pad with that stuff. It's a pain in the butt to sew with, but it's so stinkin' cute!

Inspired By June said...

Beautiful, Alisa! I'm not familiar with this fabric, will have to inquire next time I'm at the local JoAnn's!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

I would love those pillows! I'm going to have to make me one! Thank you so much for linking up!

Six Sisters said...

Cute cute cute! Everything you make is so darling! We would love for you to come share this at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday" link party! http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-2.html

Love,
The Sisters @ sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

the fabric is way cute:) :)
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

My kids would love these! So cozy!

elizabeth said...

Brilliant! I don't know why I never thought of doing a pillowcase with minky, but you're right - you can't stop touching it. Thinking I might need to make a fabric store run today and make one for my granddaughter. :)

annies home said...

I can only imagine how soft this would be perfect for a pillowcase

Marlene said...

Joann's has lot of good fabric, lot of good idea. But they do not have quality minky. Shop a local quilt shop, always buy quality minky, it lasts better, washes better, feels better. It is more expensive, but I would suggest buying a good quality minky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...