LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Birthday Banner

The best part about this banner is that it can be customized to fit any birthday theme!  For our big day, it was customized with superheroes!

IMG_1886

My little one is obsessed with anything involving superheroes.  So, I wasn’t surprised when he requested a superhero birthday theme.  {Although, he did make a special request to have some Transformers thrown in the mix!  And just in case you didn’t know, “they’re superheroes too” according to my now four year old!} :)

Want to make your own?

IMG_1545

Start out by cutting circles in coordinating scrapbook paper.  My circles are 5 1/2 inches across.  Then, cut out your letters.  {Mine were all cut out using my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot 2 software.}

IMG_1546

Using scrapbook glue, paste your letters down to your scrapbook paper.

IMG_1547

Now for my little guy’s favorite part…the superheroes!  :)  On cardstock, print out images from the web {just do a Google image search and you’ll find any theme you can imagine}.  By putting four images to a page, I was able to fit my superheroes onto the white cardstock circles.  After the images are cut out with a thin margin around the image, glue them to the center of your white circle.  

IMG_1550

Then, using a paper punch, punch two holes at the top of each circle.  {I should have had my Cricut cut the holes for me, but didn’t think about it until after they were cut!}  Now, string your letters to spell your birthday message with your superheroes {or other them picture} between each of your words. Twine works great because it rough enough that it keeps the letters from sliding around. 

IMG_1883

Now hang up your super cute banner and celebrate your little one!

{Just curious…is anyone else’s little one obsessed with superheroes??!  I’m pretty sure we talk about superheroes for about 95% of the day! :) }

Briana_signature

8 SWEET COMMENTS::

Brit said...

Ha I remember the Superhero phase. My son has grown out of it though. Kind of miss it ;) Super awesome banner! And so easy...genius ;) Would love you to share your awesome project at our Help a Momma Out party going on today. See you there.
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

way to cute~
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

very very cute - just love paper banners. love them!

Raejean said...

Super cute banner. I keep meaning to make one, but another birthday season went by without one. I won a chalkboard fabric banner that I've used a few times, but I'd like to try a custom one.

Six Sisters said...

That is darling! I tried a banner for my little boy's birthday....let's just say this one looks WAY better! :) We would love for you to come share this at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday" link party! http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-2.html

Love,
The Sisters @ sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

Ladybird Ln said...

So fun, and I love how you can use it again for other birthday parties... I am a little lazy like that! Thanks for showing off!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

Cindy Rippe said...

This is great for a little boy. Most of the banners look so girly. Well, to be honest, I have a granddaughter so that's probably the ones I notice most! lol Will keep this idea in mind for my nephews though. Thanks for sharing.

Just Jaime said...

Cute! Love the font!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...