LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti

IMG_1055
We’ve been trying to eat healthy at our house and finding alternatives to pasta was high on my list.  Here is a recipe that my family adores and has the same appeal as eating pasta!
IMG_1051
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  Cut both ends off of your spaghetti squash  and then cut in half.  Scoop the seeds out of the middle and discard.  Put the squash facedown in a glass baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. 
While your spaghetti squash is baking, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet.  Cook 1 pound hamburger (we always use turkey burger).  When it is almost done, add 1 chopped onion, 1 clove minced garlic, and salt to taste.  Cook until the meat is no longer pink and your onions are tender.  Add 2 – 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves and 4 – 6 medium chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are warm.  (I add lots of fresh basil and tomatoes so that there is lots of flavor.)
IMG_1052
By now your squash should be cooked.  Using a spoon, scoop out the spaghetti like strands from the squash.  Place your “noodles” in a medium bowl and toss with the meat and vegetables.
IMG_1054
Top with feta cheese and serve warm.  I hope your family enjoys this dish as much as mine.  We’re really looking forward to this dish when we can harvest most of the ingredients from our garden!  Bring on the warm weather!
Briana_signature
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
salt to taste
4 – 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
3/4 C. crumbled feta cheese
2 – 4 Tbs. fresh basil, chopped
1 lb. turkey burger (or hamburger)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on a glass baking dish.  Bake 30 minutes.  Remove squash from the oven and set aside to cool.
3.  In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.  Cook turkey burger until almost done.  Add onions and garlic and cook until meat is cooked completely and onions are tender.  Add salt to taste.  Stir in the basil and tomatoes and cook until they are warm.
4.  Using a spoon, scoop out the spaghetti like strands from the squash.  Place your “noodles” in a medium bowl and toss with the meat and vegetables.
5.  Top with feta cheese and serve warm.

3 SWEET COMMENTS::

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said...

I've always wanted to know how to make this and now I do. Thanks!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm a new follower :o)

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Mmmm, I love spaghetti squash! I actually have one sitting on my counter right now, for dinner tomorrow--I think I'll try your recipe! Thanks!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

I love spaghetti squash! Thank you for sharing!
Hugs from Germany,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...