LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Eggs Benedict

IMG_1347

I truly LOVE eggs benedict.  It is an amazing breakfast and is incredibly simple to make!

 IMG_1343

Here’s what you’ll need:

English Muffins

Eggs

Ham

Packet of hollandaise sauce

Asparagus (optional)

IMG_1344

Start by cooking your asparagus until tender.  While the asparagus is cooking, toast your english muffins and make your hollandaise sauce using the directions on the back of the packet.

IMG_1345

You can poach or fry your eggs…poached eggs definitely turn out prettier! =)  (I usually just fry my eggs because it take MUCH less time!  But in case you’re more patient than I am, I’m adding the directions for egg poaching.)

To poach eggs: Fill a large frying pan with 3 inches of water. Bring water to a gentle simmer, then add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar. Carefully break your eggs into the simmering water and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.  Yolks should still be soft in center. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon.

IMG_1346

While your eggs are cooking warm the ham over medium heat.

IMG_1348

Spread your toasted english muffins with butter and top each one with a slice of ham, followed by one egg, and several pieces of asparagus.  Drizzle with hollandaise sauce and serve immediately.  Enjoy!

Briana_signature

7 SWEET COMMENTS::

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

MMmm! I love Eggs Benedict. It looks so fancy to me! I like that you can make it with only 5 ingredients yippie! Now I'm off to enjoy a little Sat morning breakfast with my boys :)

XO Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

Amy said...

That looks wonderful! I love the asparagus!

Jessica said...

Yum this looks SO good!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Hmm.. This looks really yummy!
Thank you so much for linking this up with {nifty thrifty sunday} as well!
Hugs,
Vanessa

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

You shared a bunch of great recipes! I am visiting from Ladybird Lane and I would love if you could link this up to my Delicately Constructed Friday Linky Party as well!
Thanks so much!
Have a great weekend!
Michelle

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

AND I am a new follower :)

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

AND I am a new follower :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...