LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hanging the Laundry

IMG_1385

I LOVE that my laundry room has a door that I can close to hide my laundry piles!  Although, I’m now dreaming of a laundry room that is large enough to do all of the folding and of course, decorate!  For now, I’ll settle for decorating the laundry room door!

image

Awhile back I fell in love with this vinyl decal from Right on the Walls!  Love it, but not the $39.95 price.  I knew I could make my own with some of my favorite tools: Cricut, Sure Cuts A Lot 2 software, and vinyl from Expressions Vinyl.

IMG_1379IMG_1380

To make your own, start out by cutting out your vinyl in a variety of fonts.  After you have weeded your vinyl, apply transfer tape.  I LOVE the 6” roll of paper transfer tape because it is so easy to work with.  I just tear different pieces to cover the vinyl I’m working with.  Apply this vinyl to your surface.

IMG_1381

Now cut out your clothespins.  I originally wanted a clothespin for each letter like the example I was following, but it seemed a little busy after I put it up.  So, I changed it so that there is a clothespin on every other letter.

IMG_1383

Here is what it looked like with clothespins on every letter.

IMG_1385

And with just a few clips.  I’m still on the fence…should I keep all of the clips or keep it simple?

Briana_signature

9 SWEET COMMENTS::

Amanda said...

This is great! I like the one with all the clips, but they are both fab!

Mindy said...

That is so stinkin' cute! At first I liked the one with less, but now I can't decide. Maybe five?

Jos @ keathley{chronicles} said...

Very cute! I'm going to have to try vinyl. I like the one with less clips. It's perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I just could not help clicking on over to your blog based on your adorable blog name alone!
I'm your newest happy follower...and I would love to have you visit with me too!

Ciao Bella!

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Amy said...

So cute! What an awesome idea. :)

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees said...

Thanks for the help! I LOVE having all of your opinions!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Cute! What a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing this as well! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa

annies home said...

love it how very cute

Kailey said...

where did you get the image for the clothespin?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...