LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Monday, May 16, 2011

{{Slight Change}} & Café Rio Chicken Burritos

If you could see my kitchen right now, you would understand why my usual Menu Monday post is not up today.  I don’t know what I will be cooking this week, I have no stove, no sink, no countertops, no dishwasher…..I might just be eating out!!! 

My hubby is hard at work on our kitchen….it just seems to be taking a lot longer than I thought {{{this could be because I am trying to make due without the kitchen necessities I am used to!}}}  Maybe I should start reading up on home improvement and then I could help him??? (;

kitchen 008

I am pretty sure my Menu Monday post would be useless this week!! (:

So, to make up for it, I am posting an AWESOME recipe that I got from a friend!  If you live in Utah and haven’t been to Café Rio…YOU HAVE TO GO!!!  It is the best food you will every try!  My friend actually asked the store manager if they would give her the recipes……and they did!!!!  So I hope you enjoy!!!

Café Rio Chicken Burrito

bike 007

Cilantro-Lime Rice

  • 1 c. uncooked white rice
  • 1 tsp butter
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1 can (15oz) chicken broth)
  • 1 c water
  • 1 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 3 Tbs fresh chopped cilantro

In a microwaveable bowl, combine rice, butter, garlic, 1 tsp lime, chicken broth & water.  Microwave 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.  In a small bowl, combine lime juice, sugar and cilantro.  Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff the rice.

Chicken

  • 6 chicken breasts
  • 1 (8 or 9 oz) bottle zesty Italian dressing
  • 1 Tbs chili powder
  • 1 Tbs cumin
  • 3 cloves garlic

Cook in crockpot on high for 5-7 hours.

Tomatillo Dressing

  • 1 package ranch dressing
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 c mayo
  • 2 tomatillos
  • 1/2 Tbs lime juice
  • 1 small jalapeno
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/3 bunch cilantro

Add all of ingredients to blender.  Blend.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Fresh Salsa

  • 3 large tomatoes, diced
  • 1 white onion, minced
  • 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp lime juice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper

Combine all of ingredients and let sit at least 30 minutes to soak up flavor.

Serve on warm tortillas with black beans, cheese and green leaf lettuce.

 

Happy Monday!!!

Alisa_Signature

7 SWEET COMMENTS::

Kelly @livingcraftilyeverafter said...

I have heard so many great things abou tthis place! I have never seen one though! I will have to look up their locations :)

And um, I think you have a very good excuse NOT to cook. LOL. My kitchen is in perfect working order but I just dont like cooking. hehe!

Kelly

Ten Cow said...

Your poor kitchen! But hey, at least you have a great excuse not to cook! That recipe looks great - I'm going to have to try it! I love me some Cafe Rio!!
-Mariesa

April@MySacredSojourn said...

This sounds so yummy!!! We'll have to try it...something new and I bet all that lime and cilantro is just delicious!

scsanders82 said...

Thank you for sharing this recipie.
My husband thanks you too~! I found you on one of my favorite blogs. Ladybird Ln.

Lisa said...

Oooh, this looks great! I'm cravings burritos the past few weeks and I'd love this! Hope I can get some energy to try them!

Ladybird Ln said...

Oh this looks delicious about now! I love the tortillas that are dough when you buy them, then you have to cook them on the stove, these would be perfect with this..

Thank you SOOO much for showing off at my first link party! You gals are great!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

Unknown said...

Sounds SOOOO GOOD! I am def going to make this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...