LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Strawberries

I recently purchased a flat of strawberries from Bountiful Baskets (if you haven’t heard of this, check it out, it is AMAZING!).  I get tired of eating bananas, oranges and more bananas and oranges during the winter, so I jumped on the opportunity to buy a lot of strawberries for super cheap!
Check out what I made with all of my strawberries:
strawberries 004
I ended up with 9 (2 cup) containers of freezer strawberry jam and 2 large cookie sheets of sliced strawberries to freeze for later use (I am thinking smoothies, baking, fruit parfaits). YUMMY!!!
**If you Flash Freeze your strawberries (place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and freeze, then transfer to a freezer Ziploc bag) they will not stick together in a giant clump!!**
I decided to do freezer jam because it is SO easy and SO delicious!  You can buy any type of pectin to make freezer jam, just follow the Quick & Easy section on the insert!  The MCP brand is my favorite brand!
strawberries 007
Hopefully this strawberry goodness will get me through the rest of this VERY LONG winter!

Alisa_Signature

0 SWEET COMMENTS::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...