LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pinwheels {St. Patrick’s Day Decorations}


I LOVE decorating for holidays!  St. Patrick’s Day is a fun reason to make everything GREEN!!!  I have seen so many pinwheel crafts out there lately & decided that I needed a table decoration for St. Patrick’s Day.  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!  After St. Patrick’s Day, I might just make some more pinwheels in spring colors….oh the possibilities!

new 057

Supplies You Need:

  • Cute container (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
  • wooden dowels
  • ribbon
  • brads
  • scrapbook paper
  • scrapbook glue
  • beans
  • Hot Glue

Start out by making your pinwheels.  Pick 2 pieces of 12x12 scrapbook paper and glue together using scrapbook glue of any kind.  Let dry.

Cut your 12x12 paper into 4 equal squares.IMG_0816

Starting on each corner, cut towards the middle and stop when you get close to the middle of the square.

IMG_0817

Fold alternate corners towards the middle and secure with a brad.

IMG_0820

Now that you have completed all 4 of your pinwheels, we will start on the dowels.

Fold the end of your ribbon over and hot glue to create an edge that won’t fray.  Hot glue to the top of your dowel at an angle and continue to wrap around dowel, gluing occasionally.

IMG_0833

Glue pinwheel on with hot glue (Note: My pinwheels don’t move, which I am ok with since it is a table decoration)

IMG_0846

Fill container with beans

new 055

Arrange pinwheels in your bucket to desired location!

new 057

 

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

 

Alisa_Signature

0 SWEET COMMENTS::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...