Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kid’s Door Vinyl

I’ve been feeling inspired by all of the vinyl related projects out there, but being a newbie to both vinyl and my Cricut, I was feeling a little overwhelmed.  So, for my first project I decided to stay simple.
For my little girl’s door, I wanted something girly but also simple.
 IMG_0865-1
For my little boy’s room, I also wanted to go simple but to incorporate his current love for super heroes!
IMG_0869-1
Several months ago I purchased a bunch of vinyl and transfer tape from Expressions Vinyl.  When I bought it, I didn’t have any projects in mind, but I’ve been brainstorming ever since.  So, or my first attempt at using vinyl, I decided to put my kid’s names on their doors. 
Using my new favorite software, Sure Cuts A Lot 2, I cut out all of my vinyl…so easy!  I’m pretty sure I’ll never cut out anything on my Cricut without it again!
Here are the steps I followed for this project for Macie’s door (sorry I don’t have pictures to go along with my tutorial…this was done prior to my blogging days):
1.  I searched online for crown clipart.  Here is the one that eventually caught my eye.
free-coloring-shapes-crown
2.  Using Sure Cuts A Lot 2, I turned it into an .svg file and printed it out using yellow vinyl using my Cricut.
3.  Using my all time favorite font, Pea C-Squared, I cut out the words using a light pink.
4.  Once my pieces were cut out, I weeded them and applied transfer tape to the images.  I started with the crown.  Once it was down, I applied the word, “princess” on top of it.  Then, her name was applied below the crown.
IMG_0868-1
I think I may add some flower accents around her name once I get some more time.
---------------------------------------------
Here are the steps I followed for this project for Aiden’s door (sorry I don’t have pictures to go along with my tutorial…this was also done prior to my blogging days):
1.  I searched online for “superman initials”.  Here is the one that I ended up using:
myo-sit-initials
Using my Snipping Tool (if you haven’t heard about this tool, it’s amazing!!!) I isolated the A and brought it into Sure Cuts A Lot 2.
2.  Using Sure Cuts A Lot 2, I turned it into an .svg file and printed it out using red vinyl using my Cricut.
3.  Using a chunky font, I cut out the words using a a dark blue.
4.  Once my pieces were cut out, I weeded them and applied transfer tape to the images.  I started with the superman initial.  Once it was down, I applied Aiden’s name above it. 
IMG_0870-1
Whew!  My first vinyl projects are complete…now I can move on to bigger and more complex projects.  Stay tuned!
Briana_signature

I'm linking this project to:
Photobucket

1 SWEET COMMENTS::

Kelly said...

So fun!!!I'm hosting my first Linky party and would love for you to submit to it!
http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/03/glitters-first-linky-party_22.html#comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...