Do you remember the show “Cook Yourself Thin”? Ok, I might have been slightly addicted to the show, and was
Better For You Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 Tbs vinegar
- 4 whole wheat english muffins
- 4 slices low-fat cheese
- 4 slices ham
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices tomato
- spritz of olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Fill a large skillet with 4 inches of water. Add vinegar and bring to a steady boil.
- Arrange muffin halves on a baking sheet. Place a slice of cheese on each. Cut the slice of ham into shreds and place on top of cheese. Place in oven for 4 min.
- Cut 4 slices of tomato and spritz each side with olive oil. Sauté over medium-high heat. Sauté for 1 minute on each side. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Poach eggs in vinegar water. Transfer to a plate with a paper towel to drain.
- Remove Muffin halves from oven. Place tomato and egg on each. Season with salt and pepper.
These are seriously DELICOUS and good for you! The shreds of ham make you think your getting a lot of ham….even though you aren’t…..tricky tricky!! I hope you enjoy these as much as we do at our house!