LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Party Photo Boards {Guest Post}

Hello Sweet Peas and Bumblebees readers!

I'd like to give a quick but sweaty "Howdy" from Texas! I'm Jennifer from Big D & Me and I am thrilled to be guest posting. I am a SAHM of three and the designated cruise director of our family. On Big D & Me I try and share the humorous side of our daily lives whether its getting up at 5 AM for preschool registration, cleaning up vomit at Red Lobster, or sneaking zucchini into banana bread (huge failure!). I also like to document our crafts (super hero puppets), share party pics, and provide printables (lego bingo and kitchen prints).

Today I am sharing with you Party Boards I made for our Halloween party. These boards make great photo ops and the kids just love them, especially when the adults participate.

 

Here are the supplies you will need: wooden board, paint, tracer (although you could free hand it), chunky blocks, and a photo of the image you want to create on your board. Place the image under your tracer and use as much of the space as possible.

I used a red sharpie here to trace my lines but a black one would be even better. You will cover up your lines with paint in the next step.

Paint the sections of the image with your desired colors. For this Super Girl board I used paints I already had in my stash.

Once the entire piece is colored you will question whether the end product will turn out well. Do not worry. Forge ahead with your black paint pen or thick Sharpie. This tool will make all the difference in the world.

Cut two large blocks for legs and cut slits into their middles. The large board then slides into the ground blocks in order for the structure to stand.

Cut out a hole for the face and you are ready to party!

Here are some other party boards we have made for parties. PPlease stop by Big D & Me for some more crafty projects and maybe a laugh or two. Thank you Briana & Alisa!

 Big D & Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aren’t those awesome?  These photo opt boards would be a serious hit at any party!  There are SO many possibilities! 

Thanks so much Jennifer for sharing this great idea with us!

Briana_signature

2 SWEET COMMENTS::

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, those are awesome! Jennifer is so unbelievably talented, I love her!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Great fun! I see a Tracer in my future!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...