I think something is wrong with my camera! I made this delicious peach pie last weekend and as I started to write up this post, I noticed that every picture I took of my pie was blurry. Sigh! So, I’ve borrowed a picture from here…it looks almost identical to my “blurry” peach pie! :)
This is a definite favorite at our house during peach season….or anytime we have peaches. This recipe is one that my wonderful Aunt Beth always made and has graciously shared her recipe. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!
Want to make your own?
Fresh Peach Pie
- pie shell
- 7 medium peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch (use more if it’s too juicy)
- dash of salt
- Place bottom pie shell into pie pan and bake according to directions until golden brown.
- Peel, slice, and crush 3 of the peaches.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, water, and salt together. Add to the crushed peaches and put into a saucepan.
- Stir the crushed peach mixture over medium heat until thick and and clear. Cool slightly.
- Slice the remaining peaches and put in your pie shell.
- Pour crushed peach sauce over fresh peaches and place in the refrigerator. Chill completely.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.