LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fabric Flower Headband

IMG_0898
Bring on the green!  With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, I think it’s time to accessorize my little one.  She had this simple green headband among her collection of hair bows.  Using some green fabric I had picked up, I made this simple green flower.
IMG_0881
Start by cutting out a felt circle that is about 1 – 1 1/2” across.  (I cut out several because I have plans to use them for an additional St. Patrick’s Day themed creation…that project is soon to come!).  Then, you’ll need to cut out a BUNCH of circles in the color of fabric you want your flower to be…..yeah green!  Note:  Your circles do not need to be perfect.  I cut eight circles out at a time to make the process go a little quicker.
IMG_0883
Then, scrunch up each individual circle and apply a small amount of hot glue to the end. 
IMG_0884
Stick the scrunched circle to the middle of your felt circle. 
IMG_0886
Continue with this process, adding more scrunched circles around your beginning center one.
IMG_0887
As you work your way away from the center, your flower will start to take place.
IMG_0888
Your finished product will completely cover the felt beneath it.  Now you’re ready to attach it to your headband. 
IMG_0890IMG_0892
Just apply a small amount of hot glue to the center of the underside of the flower.  I applied the flower off to the side so that it wasn’t sitting directly on top of her head.  Once it dried, we had to try it out!
IMG_0908
The true test will come this Thursday….will she she wear her Momma’s latest creation or will she scream, “No!” and rip it off?!?!  =)   Since she is quickly approaching 2, I’m guessing the latter.  Life with a feisty toddler definitely keeps me on my toes!
Briana_signature I've linked this project to:
NightOwlCrafting

1 SWEET COMMENTS::

Linda said...

So cute yet so simple, love it!

www.swamerican-littlebit.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...