LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chicken with Green Beans, Tomatoes, and Feta

IMG_0769
At our house we’ve been  trying our best to eat better.  {I say trying because I always seem to sneak in some sort of dessert in after our healthy meal!  So, I guess I’m eating better so I can still have my dessert!!!! =) }  I’m focusing my cooking to include more fruits, vegetables, and lean meat.  This is a recipe we used to enjoy with penne pasta (also delicious), but I tried it this time on top of a grilled chicken breast.  Delicious!!
**This recipe is even better when your garden is full of fresh tomatoes and fresh basil!***

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper to season
1 - 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar (I always add around 2 Tbsp.)
3 Tbsp. chopped basil
2 large tomatoes chopped
4 chicken breasts – trimmed
1 pound fresh green beans – washed, trimmed, and rinsed
4 ounces of crumbled feta cheese
1.  Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl and let it sit while you get the rest of your ingredients ready. 
2.  Put your chicken on the grill so that your meat is cooked by the time you have finished the tomato mixture
3.  Steam the green beans until tender – about 5 minutes
4.  Now it’s time to toss! Add the feta cheese to your tomato mixture and stir until it is combined.  Now toss in the green beans and stir until coated.
5.  Arrange your cooked chicken breasts on plates and top with the tomato mixture.  Serve immediately.  Delicious and SO healthy!
Briana_signature

0 SWEET COMMENTS::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...