LinkyParties FeaturedOn AdvertiseOn AboutUs ContactUs
Don't forget to link up to our weekly {{What I Made Wednesday Party}}!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Guest Post ~ {{Hot Artichoke Dip}}

We are beyond ecstatic to have Nikki from Chef In Training here today!  She has a blog that you will fall in love with….and she shares some pretty amazing & mouth watering recipes!  I am pretty much obsessed with artichokes, so of course her recipe she is sharing with us today is on my {{Make very SOON}} list!
Take it away Nikki……
I was SO excited when Sweet Peas and Bumblebees offered me to guest post on their blog!  Thanks so much for letting me be here!
My name is Nikki and I am an aspiring chef/baker/cook!  I am the cook behind Chef In Training.  My blog is centered around recipes that I LOVE!  I got my passion for cooking from my mother.  My mom is one of the best cooks I have ever met.  Growing up and eating her wonderful food, I would often think to myself, “That is exactly what I want to do!”  My major in college is to be a dietitian, but I had to take a break due to having my daughter.  She is now almost 2 and my best bud!  To add to that excitement, in a few short weeks, we will be adding a baby boy to our home!  I love being a stay at home mom, but sometimes it can make for some pretty long days at home.  I began filling my extra time with cooking and experimenting in the kitchen only to find out that I truly love being in there!  I love to cook for people!  It has become a passion of mine and one of my hubby's favorite things about me haha!
Today, I am going to share a great appetizer recipe with you!  My cousin-in-law gave me a cookbook for my wedding present.  It is a cookbook composed of her favorite "go-to" recipes.  I got this recipe from that cookbook and love to serve it at parties or get-togethers.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
HOT ARTICHOKE DIP
Here's the recipe:
HOT ARTICHOKE DIP
  • 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 cup half and half cream
  • 2/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 green pepper
  • 1 (6.5 oz) jar artichoke hearts
  • 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis
Directions:
  • Drain jar of artichoke hearts.  Chop coarsely.
  • Combine Parmesan cheese, half and half, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.  Add artichoke hearts and green chilis.
  • Bake at 350 F 25-30 minutes until light brown on top.
  • Once done, I like to garnish with shredded Parmesan for appearance
  • Serve hot/warm
Enjoy!
Thanks again for letting me be here and be sure and stop by my blog and say "hi"!  I love to meet new blogging friends!

8 SWEET COMMENTS::

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ohh artichoke dip is so goooood. It a love hate relationship because I always end up eating way too much! I am bookmarking this now!

Chef in Training said...

thanks so much for letting me guest post on your blog today! I just LOVE your blog and are so glad to be blogging friends with you!
-Nikki

Sara said...

I found you on the comment section of someone elses blog and thought I would check you out! I loce what im reading so far!! ;)

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

YUMMY! Just followed you! I have a crafty, healthy, DIY blog at www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com Come by some time!

Ten Cow said...

I love artichokes! Thanks for the great recipe!

Vivian said...

hi there! dropping by via Nikki's blog. Loved the recipe and your blog. glad I came across it!

http://vivrekitchen.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Okay my mouth started watering as soon as I saw this post via Nikki's page! YUM!!

Theresa said...

My mouth is watering just from looking at the picture. Totally making this soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...